Sweden is one of the most vibrant economies mixed with Danish and Wild Arctic North influences. The country is famous for its cleanliness and peacefulness and draws most of the tourists with its stunning and sophisticated urban cities. Sweden is mostly covered by forests and islands & ponds are the major tourist attractions of Sweden. The country is filled with scenic villages, islands, rivers, and many interesting places. Stockholm, Gothenburg, Visby, Oland are the most interesting and beautiful places of Sweden that attracts many foreigners to the country. Sweden tourism rests with its lakes and forests, mountains and meadows known for its warm summers and fairly cold winters.
Sweden Visit Visa Requirements
Citizens of non EU (European Union) or EEA (European Economic Area) countries who wish to visit Sweden must obtain a Sweden Visit Visa to enter the country. Some Sweden Tourist Visa requirements differ from country to country. However, there are some basic requirements to be fulfilled by the Sweden Visit Visa applicant which include:
- A passport valid for minimum three months after the intended departure date from the Schengen zone.
- Return flight tickets
- Main purpose of visit
- Proof demonstrating your accommodation during your stay in Sweden
- Proof of employment mentioning how long the applicant has been employed by his/hers employer.
- Proof demonstrating coverage for emergency medical expenses and hospital treatment, and repatriation for medical reasons.
- Having travel or health or accident insurance
- Financial sufficiency
Sweden Tourist Visa Processing Time:
In general, the Sweden embassy may take two weeks to process a Sweden Tourist Visa application. However, the processing time may vary depending on the embassies or consulate-general. Normally, Sweden Visit Visa is granted for a maximum period of 90 days within a period of six months. In some special cases, the Sweden Tourist Visa will be granted for a maximum period of one year.